Our Green Efforts
Warehouse Lighting – All older lights have been replaced with new high-efficiency T5 or T8 fluorescent lights with parabolic reflectors.
- Compact Fluorescent Bulbs and LED Lighting – Old light bulbs (incandescent and halogen) have been replaced with low-wattage Compact Fluorescent or LED bulbs wherever possible.
- Recycling Initiative – All paper, glass, cardboard, aluminum, and scrap metal are collected and returned to a recycling center.
- Occupancy Sensors – Occupancy sensors have been installed in all restrooms, so lights turn on only when needed.
- Skylights – Natural sunlight through skylights and solar tubes are used wherever possible in the office areas. Skylights have a reflective film to keep out 90% of the heat.
- Paper Packaging Material – Recycled, biodegradable, non-bleached paper is used for cushioning in our outgoing packages.
Air Compressors – We have switched to a single large high-efficiency rotary screw air compressor for significant electrical savings.
Awnings – Installed on all south facing windows.
Reflective Roof Surface – Roofing has been re-surfaced with a highly reflective white membrane system, reducing building heat load.
Reflective Film – South facing windows have a film that reflects over 90% of the sun’s rays.
Heating and Air Conditioning – All HVAC units have been replaced with high-efficiency models, using less power.
On-Demand Water Heaters – Wherever possible, in-line water heaters are used that turn on only when hot water is needed.