Transport System – TransPRO – by Hardy Diagnostics
TransPRO™ is a liquid-based multi-purpose bacterial collection and transport system utilizing the new HydraFlock™ swab technology in a liquid amies medium.
- Flocked Swab Technology With the new HydraFlock™* technology the unequal length nylon fibers absorb and release (elute) more specimen.
- Compatible with Automation – Ideal platform for automated liquid inoculation systems.
- Transport Maintains viability of aerobic, anaerobic, and fastidious bacteria for up to 48 hours at room and refrigerated temperatures.
- Multiple Inoculation Multiple tests from the same specimen can be run using the 1ml of liquid amies sample suspension that is provided. TransPRO™ Transport System provides up to 10 identical 100µl aliquots of liquid sample suspension to facilitate repeat testing.
- Molecular Assays TransPRO™ Transport System is compatible with molecular assays**.
- Swab-Cap Capture Technology After the specimen is collected, the swab is placed into the tube with the liquid amies medium. The swab shaft is scored. Break the swab at the score point. Screw on the cap. Later, when the cap is removed in the lab, the swab shaft will be locked into the cap and ready to use for streaking or inoculating.
- Cap Color Each TransPRO™ Transport System kit features a distinct cap color that easily identifies the swab type: Nasopharyngeal (green cap), Urethral (blue cap), Standard (white cap). The outer wrapper is also color coded.
- Room Temperature Storage – TransPRO™ Transport System is stored at room temperature. After the specimen is collected, it can be held for 48 hours at room temperature.
- Gram Stains – Simply apply specimen to the microscope slide and heat fix. No agar granules to obscure view.
- Anaerobic and aerobic transport in one collection system.
- Contact us for a FREE Sample, more information, or pricing.
- View TransPRO™ CVM – a specimen collection and transport kit for Viruses, Chlamydia, Mycoplasma, and Ureaplasma.
*HydraFlock® is a registered trademark of Puritan Medical Products.
Hardy CHROM™ Product Line
|Description||Cat no. Pricing||Pack Size||Technical Information|
|TransPRO™ Liquid Amies, mutli-purpose, bacterial collection and transport swab, mini-tip swab, flexible shaft for nasopharyngeal collection , kit wrapped in poly film and irradiated, sterile.||TP1F||50 per case||view|
|TransPRO™ Liquid Amies, mutli-purpose, bacterial collection and transport swab, ultrafine tip swab for urethral collection , kit wrapped in poly film and irradiated, sterile.||TP2F||50 per case||view|
|TransPRO™ Liquid Amies, mutli-purpose, bacterial collection and transport swab, standard tip swab , kit wrapped in poly film and irradiated, sterile.||TP3F||50 per case||view|
|TransPRO CVM, transport medium for Chlamydia, Viruses, and Mycoplasma, with ultrafine PurFlock Ultra® swab, sterile, 50 per case, by Hardy Diagnostics||TPCVM1||50 per case||view|
At Hardy, you will find a complete selection of laboratory supplies including clinical and industrial culture media, rapid test kits, stains, reagents, dehydrated culture media, animal blood products, antisera, proficiency testing programs, anaerobic gas generators, specimen swabs and transports, dilution vials, QC microorganisms, susceptibility disks, immunology kits, pathogen detection kits (Salmonella, E. coli O157, Listeria, MRSA, Staph), Petri plates, agar based prepared media and broths, chromogenic media, mastitis media, incubators, environmental monitoring supplies, parasitology and mycology supplies, custom media formulations, disposable gloves, labcoats, loops and much more!