- nBPW is recommended for use as a rinse (or swab) for poultry carcasses and parts. USDA Institutes this measure due to Salmonella false negatives.
- The new buffer is officially replacing currently used Buffered Peptone Water because of it’s increased effectiveness in reducing the effect of potential carryover of antimicrobials.
- This solution came from a study by the FSIS to determine whether antimicrobial sanitizers might interfere with testing for Salmonella.
- Researchers found that sanitizers used on poultry carcasses to reduce pathogens might cause false-negative results in tests for Salmonella.
Poultry Microbiology Products
Hardy Diagnostics is your one-stop shop for microbiology testing products.
Make sure your testing is up to FSIS regulation with neutralizing Buffered Peptone Water (nBPW).
Hardy Diagnostics introduces Envirobootie™ – Environmental Sampling Bootie Pre-moistened with Skim Milk Broth for maximum Salmonella recovery.
- EnviroBootie™ is a collection system for the monitoring of Salmonella contamination in flock floor litter and other surfaces
- This “one size fits all” shoe cover is ready-to-use and pre-moistened with skim milk.
- Simply remove the EnviroBootie™ from the sample bag, place the boot swab over a plastic boot cover, then walk through the poultry barn.
- This unique design allows for highly efficient sample collection, secure transport, pre-enrichment incubation, and disposal, all in the same container!
- EnviroBootie™ can also be used as a sampling mitt for belts, feeders, and other recommended sampling surfaces.
CompactDry™ – Simple and Effective System for Colony Counting
- CompactDry™ is a ready-to-use system reducing the time needed to perform microbial testing on food, beverage, meat, cosmetics, and raw materials.
- The sample diffuses automatically and evenly into the plate with no need for a spreader! Its compact, stacking design and room temperature storage saves space not only your refrigerator but your incubator as well.
- AOAC, MicroVal, and NordVal approved (see product pages for individual certifications.)