Hospital Aquired Infections
- Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus is a
troublesome nosocomial infection often found in the hospital environment.
- HardyCHROM™ MRSA is a selective and differential culture medium that facilitates the isolation and identification of methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA). This chromogenic medium simplifies the identification of MRSA infections. MRSA strains grown in the presence of chromogenic substrates produce deep pink to magenta colonies. You and your students will notice that color development is bright, distinct and easy to read.
- G307 – HardyCHROM™ MRSA, (methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus), 15x100mm
plate, order by the package of 10. Ingredients have been added to increase the
sensitivity and specificity of the medium by inhibiting gram-negative organisms,
yeast, and most other gram-positive cocci.
- FREE – HardyCHROM™ poster to interpret colors.
- Z202 – Coagulase Cryo™, frozen rabbit plasma for tube or slide coagulase test for Staphylococcus aureus detection, 0.5ml, 2ml vial, ready to use, 20 per package.
- 5204P – Kwik-Stick Duo Pack with built in hydrating fluid – CLSI® M100, MRSA QC Set, DuoPak.
- ST50 – StaphTEX™ Blue, a rapid latex agglutination test for Staphylococcus aureus, blue beads on a white card for easiest read-out, 50 tests.
- MIR16(0, 2, 5, 6, 8) – Adenna MIRACLE Gloves, Nitrile, Powder Free, No Stain, Medical Grade, Blue, 200 per case.
- HS1F – Inoculating Loops, disposable, 1ul, light green color, 25 per package, 1,000 per case.
- HS10F – Inoculating Loops, disposable, 10ul, light blue color, 25 per package, 1,000 per case.
- TP3F – TransPRO™ Liquid Amies, multi-purpose, bacterial collection and transport swab, with advance HydraFlock™ technology, standard tip swab, easy-opening peel pouch, sterile, 50 per case.
- GK400A – Gram Stain Kit Advanced with stabilized iodine, produces brighter more vivid colors for both gram positives and negatives.
- PP72P – ProSlide Microscope Slides, plain, precleaned, premium 3X1 inches x 1mm, 72/box.
- Contact us to request a sample or pricing.
- Standard microbiological supplies and equipment such as swabs, transport media, other culture media, forceps, and incubators, etc., as well as serological and biochemical reagents, are not provided.
- SAFETY WARNING: Please exercise extreme caution when handling and disposing of live MRSA organisms. Follow all Good Practice measures.
At Hardy, you will find a complete selection of laboratory supplies including clinical and industrial culture media, rapid test kits, stains, reagents, dehydrated culture media, molecular biology media, buffers, reagents, animal blood products, antisera, proficiency testing programs, anaerobic gas generators, specimen swabs and transports, dilution vials, QC microorganisms, susceptibility disks, immunology kits, pathogen detection kits ( Salmonella, E. coli O157, Listeria , MRSA, Staph ), Petri plates, agar based prepared media and broths, chromogenic media, mastitis media, incubators, environmental monitoring supplies, parasitology and mycology supplies, custom media formulations, disposable gloves, labcoats, loops and much more!