nBPW for Poultry Carcasses and Parts
- nBPW is recommended for use as a rinse (or swab) for poultry carcasses and parts
- USDA Institutes this “Fix” due to Salmonella false negatives.
Read the FSIS Notice release June 8, 2016.
- The new buffer is officially replacing currently used Buffered Peptone Water because of it’s increased effectiveness in reducing the effect of potential carryover of antimicrobials.
- This solution came from a study by the ARS (initiated by the FSIS) to determine whether antimicrobial sanitizers might interfere with testing for Salmonella.
- ARS researchers found that sanitizers used on poultry carcasses to reduce pathogens might cause false-negative results in tests for Salmonella.
- FSIS believes the new nBPW solution will eliminate any problem of antimicrobial carryover in Salmonella tests.
- Improve the efficacy of your poultry testing by using Hardy’s nBPW solutions!
Go to the Salmonella‘s source! Visit http://hardydiagnostics.com/enviro-bootie/ for more information.